Letting Go Meditation
Go Of The Past
- If you feel as though you're carrying baggage around on your
shoulders, your half way to letting go. In order to resolve issues
or problems in your life, you must go through the process of
Acknowledgment, Acceptance , Forgiveness, Action and Letting
Go. Acknowledging and acceptance is often the easy steps
to getting rid of unwanted emotional baggage.
- The forgiveness, action and letting go are the hard parts.
But through inner reflection, counseling and meditation, you
can learn to forgive and let go. Sometimes forgiving and letting
go on a spiritual level can help you release the pain and emotional
hurt you feel on a physical level as well.
- Whither you're letting go of past bad habits, an old hurt,
a bad relationship or something more serious, meditation is a
good way to start. This meditation is designed to raise your
consciousness and connect with the inner cause or the person
you feel hurt by on a spiritual level.
- Since this is a special meditation, you may want to prepare
your meditation space in a special way. Add a few ritualistic
items, such as lighting a white candle and saying a prayer stating
your intent for this meditative session. Some people like to
decorate their meditative space with religious symbols to add
to the spiritual significance of this meditation.
- Find a piece of music you really like for meditation and
stick with it. If you use the same piece each time you meditate,
you will pre-program your mind to step into a state of relaxation.
Each time you practice, your mind will move into this state with
less effort and more quickly, allowing you more time for greater
meditative work. My personal favorite piece is called Ascension
to All That Is by Robert Slap. You can find it on Amazon.com.
- Once you are all set and prepared, this is what you do. Take
your time, try to imagine as much detail as possible.
- Letting Go Meditation:
- Sit in a comfortable position, one that you can sustain for
about 30-45 minutes.
- Close your eyes and take in a deep cleansing breath. Fill
your lungs to their fullest capacity. Then release the breath
through your mouth and push all the air out of your body. Take
in 3 deep breaths through the nose, imagine the white light from
the universe coming into your lungs and collecting at your solar plexus.
- With all 3 exhales, image all the stress, anxiety and negativity
you have leaving your body carried out to the universe on a gay
smoke where it can be dissipated and no longer do harm to anyone.
As you exhale, imagine the events of the day or week floating
out of your body. Put these worries aside and begin to relax
your entire body and mind. Feel the tension in your muscles begin
to subside. Begin at your solar plexus and imagine the white
light moving up and down your body from this point. Imagine the
warmth of the energy as it passes through your muscles and organs.
Feel the tingling sensations as the light moves down to your
toes and up your body to the top of your head. Imagine your entire
body engulfed by this white divine light, from the inside out.
- Say a prayer once more asking your guides and teachers to
come to you and to help with the purpose of this mediation. Ask
them to lend their energy to your spiritual protection and to
provide support for your purpose. State your intention clearly
and ask 'God' to help you with your meditative journey. Don't
forget to thank them up front for their efforts.
- This step takes a little practice, don't worry if you can't
do this for any extended period of time, but at least give it
a try. Keep your eyes closed, but look up at the pituitary gland.
This is a small gland located in the middle of your forehead,
just above the brow. (this is also considered to be the position
of your third eye and is therefore the gateway to higher conscious
realms). Try to keep your eyes focused on this point. The muscles
around your eyes may become sore as you stretch them upward,
so don't over do this at first. As you practice, this step will
become easier and easier to do.
- As you focus on your third eye imagine your at the base of
a tunnel, dimly light and slanted upward. Imagine your astral
body (or your soul) standing up from your physical body and begin
to walk toward and into the tunnel. See the lights on the walls
and the texture of the floor as you walk through the tunnel.
Imagine yourself moving upward.
- Just a head of you, you see a set of glass doors and through
those doors you can see a brilliant white light. You feel in
your heart that this is the light of the universal consciousness,
of God. A feeling of Peace, calm, protection and knowledge fills
your insides. With each step closer, you feel more relaxed and
at peace..you feel uplifted and connected to this universal energy.
- As you approach the doors, they automatically open and invite
your soul into this realm of enlightenment. This is your spiritual
sanctuary. The one place where you are always safe and protected
from all things. In the center of the room is a place for you
to sit down and enjoy the calm and security.
- As you position your self in the seating area, imagine yourself
closing your eyes and mentally connecting with the person or
the inner issue that is causing you harm. If it's an issue, try
to imagine it in a form that you can talk with. It can be a ghostly
presence, a ball of energy, what ever form you feel it should
take. If it's a person, mentally connect with what you see as
their spiritual essence. As their permission to join you in your
- It's important ask permission. And equally important to "listen"
for their response. If you feel the answer is no, tell them you
are letting them go and then return to your sanctuary.
- If the answer is yes, imagine this persons spiritual self
joining you in your sanctuary. Remember you are perfectly safe
here. Nothing will happen to you, you will never be in any danger.
- Once you are spiritually facing the person or issue, explain
why you have asked them here. Explain your feelings and emotions.
But in a way that does not place blame on the person or yourself.
Explain to them that you've acknowledge and accepted the issue
- Then tell them you are forgiving them and why. Explain why
this issue is being resolved within yourself and why you feel
the need to forgive.
- Next, explain why you feel this "baggage" is no
longer yours to own and it belongs to them. Tell them, you are
giving the hurt and pain back and moving on. Explain that they
need to deal with the issues within them self if you feel that
is appropriate. But that you will no longer accept the pain or
hurt that has been on your shoulders and in your heart.
- Lastly, state firmly and without doubt, "I forgive you.
I let you go. I am moving on with my life."
- There's no need to wait for an acceptance or ok. Once you
have made your statement, you're done. This is YOUR time and
YOUR sanctuary where you make the rules and laws.
- Once you have made your statement, you can conclude your
visit. Thank them for coming and tell them it's time for them
to go forever. Watch the person or energy rise and walk out your
sanctuary doors..never to return again.
- Take a moment to thank yourself and spiritually celebrate
your accomplishment. Wither it's tears of joy, or great party,
you've done something so significant to your life that you deserve
a pat on the back and hug. So imagine your divine presence, a
spirit guide or whatever spiritual help you called into your
sanctuary holding you and providing congratulations.
- Now, it's time to relax. Take a deep breath and prepare to
return to the waking world.
- Make sure you thank your divine presence and guides deeply
for their gift of service and protection to you. Thank them for
coming here during this meditation to meet you and/or visit with
you. Give them a goodbye hug, then rise from your seat and head
out your sanctuary doors.
- As the doors close behind, see yourself standing at the top
of the spiritual tunnel. As you move through the tunnel you become
more and more aware of your surroundings and your body.
- Imagine yourself passing through the glass doors and heading
back down to your meditative space. Imagine your soul walking
through the door to your room, and seeing your physical body
right where you left it. As your soul steps back inside your
spiritual body, all the visions sensations and answers you received
merge with your physical brain and are automatically stored into
your conscious mind.
- Take in a deep breath, begin to feel your body, become more
and more aware of your surroundings, have a nice long and hard
stretch, then open your eyes.
- The last thing you should do before you get up from your
meditative spot is to record this event either on tape or in
a journal. It's important to do it right away while the images,
feelings and sounds are still clear in your mind.
- Then go out and enjoy the rest of your life!
- Additional Reading
- In addition to this meditation, you might like to read Evolving
the Spirit through Affirmations. If
you're dealing with a loss that involves some type of abuse or
being a victim, you might also want to read the Victimization
article as well. If you've experienced a loss and are having
a hard time dealing with grief, you might want to read the Phases of Grief.
- Sources: 1, b1,
- Created: 10.23.1996 Updated: