The Lower Angel Forces
- An Overview
- Now here we have a split in concepts
and beliefs from non-pagan religions and Pagan Metaphysics. Within
Pagan Metaphysics there is no concept of the Christianized version
of a Devil. There is also a controlled structure designed to
maintain balance within the Divine Universe.
- From a Metaphysical perspective, there is a distinct hierarchy
to the Divine Universe. One reason for this is to provide for
the evolution of spirit. Another is to define a specific level
of balance throughout the Divine Universe. And a final reason
is to protect the free will and choice of the lower realms to
provide opportunities to learn, repay karmic debt or receive
karmic credit in order to evolve the spirit toward spiritual
- Lower Angelic Forces
- These 9 groups are often some of the most controversial because
their existence depends on your personal beliefs. The lower forces
include Fallen Angels, Demons, Devils and Satan. Just by their
categorization as "lower" does not imply that these
angels are evil or less powerful than the "higher"
forces, although that is sometimes the case. Rather, they are
lumped into this category because their existence is not as universal
across the major religions.
- These lower forces are "fallen" angels in the service
of Satan. If you are one of the many people who don't believe
that "Satan" exists, then you might look at this group
as angels doing service in the negative ethers. They inhabit
Hel, Hell, or the lower energy realms. They assist with the punishment
of condemned souls, or play havoc with unsuspecting incarnated
souls. Many believe that "soul possession" by these
Demon spirits continue even today, but are often misdiagnosed
as mental illness. While others believe these controlling Demons
are more like the overseers or guards that govern the lower realms.
Because of their presence, souls condemned to these realms are
restricted from interfering or interacting with the living.
- From a Metaphysical perspective "soul possession"
does not occur at all. The Lower Angelic Forces exist to maintain
control and access between the ethereal world and the physical
world. This is done primarily to protect the free will and choice
of incarnated souls and higher spiritual realms from chaos.
- Think of it this way; These Demon Guardians keep 'condemned'
souls from torturing incarnated souls and manipulating their
free will and choice to evolve their spirit. An example might
be a gate keeper keeping a rapist from continuing to torturing
his victims after he has transitioned to the spirit world.
- Devils can appear in many physical forms, from animal to
human. They are typically gifted with shape shifting abilities.
Most of their efforts are spent on tempting the enlightened spirits
of the earth plane with explicit pleasures of love, money and
physical gratification. Their mission is to destroy feelings
of compassion and love through planting doubt and by promoting
anger. These lower forces are more powerful than the Fallen Angels.
- From a Metaphysical perspective Devils and Demons are basically
the same thing. They guard the gates of the lower realms and
serve a necessary duty of control within the structured Universe.
- Fairies & Elves
- Supernatural beings who inhabit the earth and air. They are
typically invisible, unless they need to interact with incarnated
beings, or if the incarnated being has the gift of Divine site.
These beings are most often positive and enlightened, rewarding
incarnated beings, both animal and human, for goodness. Most
of these spirits are assigned to protecting the nature kingdoms.
The Fairy side of this group tends to play pranks, although good
- From a Metaphysical perspective, the Elven side of this realm
is mythological. But they are defined as a bit more serious than
the Fairies concerning their assigned duties and interactions
- Both species have magikal powers and love humans.
- Fallen Angels
- In the Christian belief, these are the Angels who followed
Satan out of heaven and rebelled against God. Some scholars calculated
the number of Fallen Angels at 133 million which is about 1/3
the Angel population. The chief leaders were: Semyaz, Sariel,
Azazel, and Turel. Some see falling stars as angels falling from
the Divine realm.
- From a Metaphysical perspective , these Angels fell from
divine grace when they interfered with the progression and evolution
of human kind. Their penance was to live as a human and dwell
in the trials and tribulations they helped to create.
- Rarely heard of, these beings were originally considered
to be guardians of the home and hearth, but their responsibility
has grown to include all humans. They enjoy the interaction of
humans with humans, especially during situations of true unconditional
love, either physical or through intense mental connections.
Often the more happy and balanced a person is, the strong their
Genii is. It is believed that every person currently incarnated
will be assigned to a Genii for protection , guiding and in some
- From a Metaphysical perspective Genii are Fairies and watch
over the natural world and those in it. Primarily focusing on
animals, plants and so on. But also interacting with incarnated
- A non-Pagan group. The Watchers sent to earth by God to instruct
humans. They are eternally silent and use mental telepathy to
communicate with incarnated beings. They are thought of as very
large beings, taller than giants in appearance. The more popular
of this group are
- Aramaros, who taught common sense
- Arakiel, they taught observance of nature
- Azazel who share knowledge of crafts art and cosmetics.
- Baraqual, who taught astrology
- Ezekiel, who shared knowledge of weather and weather events
- Gadreel, who taught about the sciences
- Penemue, who shared skills of writing
- Sariel, who brought the knowledge of the moon signs
- Semjaza, taught about the sun signs.
- A "hot" blooded female who first slept with humans
and crossed the "forbidden" line of Divine intervention.
She refused to bed with Adam and as a fallen angel turned to
the power of Satan. She is depicted as a beautiful naked woman
with the tail of a serpent. She despises children, but as part
of her punishment for defiance, she was forced to bear Satan
100 children a day.
- From a Metaphysical perspective Lilith isn't an individual
but a concept representing the matriarchal societies of early
human kind. These early women were the leaders of tribes, seen
as physical embodiments of the Goddess here on Earth and guided
every day lives of her people.
- Satan is rather misunderstood in part because of the varying
views of Satan, Lucifer and the Christian Devil. Satan is the
Hebrew translation of the Egyptian God Set, making Satan a God.
But there is academic disagreement about this connection between
the Hebrew Satan and the Egyptian Set. Many people turn to the
LeVey Satanists and take their cue from their definition of Satan
as a God. At the same time, Satan is also confused with Lucifer,
the Light Bringer. And then there's the Christian view that Satan
is the adversary of God and the accuser of Mankind.
- It is unclear when Lucifer, Satan and The Devil folded into
the single character of the Devil, ruler of the Underworld. Depending
on your perspective, Satan is a God and Archangel, Lucifer is
an Archangel, and the Devil is a combination of many pagan variations
of the God force in the form of the Celtic Green Man the lord
of vegetation and the woodlands, the Celtic Horned God or Cernunnos,
Pan the Greek god of the woodlands, Janus the Roman god of good
beings, Osiris, the Egyptian Lord of the underworld and many
other versions of a pagan God with horns, or a half body of human,
goat or stag.
- The Devil in Christian lore, was once the ruler or head of
Seraphim. He rebelled against God and was tossed out of heaven,
becoming the ruler of Hades or Hell. As the enemy of goodness,
the Devil rules over the evil spirits to cause havoc and chaos
for the human race. Floods, storms, diseases and death are said
to be created by these forces. Temptations of sinful ways and
other evil desires are also associated with the influences of
these forces. The Devil has many names, some of which are misconceptions,
- Another non-Pagan being. A supreme feminine spirit, she is
said to be the female aspect of creation. She is credited with
being the angel of healing over evil influences and is sometimes
referred to as the "Holy Spirit" in some religions.
In others she is referred to as "The Fore running Angel".
- Her appearance:
- Sitting on a thrown above a cherub, she rests under the Tree
of Life. Her light is 65,000 times brighter than the sun and
everyone who sees here is instantly cured from disease.
- She has the ability to turn any evil spirit to good by her
mere presence and sight. Therefore Satan and his armies go to
extremes to avoid her at all costs.
Return to Angels Explained
- Source: 1, b1,
- Created: 03/28/1999 Updated: